Here is another recipe to add to your Valentine’s Day dessert options. This bar is almost decadent and almost like a blondie but is has chocolate, cherries and lots of flavor. It is also vegan and gluten-free!
You can make these gluten-free with store-bought Nutella as well if you do not have the time to make your own.
If you have any yummy recipes like this or meals you are making, post it on the recipe round-up post but clicking on the heart below. It will direct you to add a link of your recipe at the bottom of the page.
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax “egg”
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed meal + 6
- Tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free AllPurpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup dried sweetened cherries
- 6 Tablespoons homemade Nutella
Homemade Nutella(make the night before)
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons powdered soy milk
- 6 Tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 10 Tablespoons agave nectar