This has been a long time a coming and I finally got all the pictures together and video from the performance in March 23rd. This truly shows that I am actually performing! Hee hee.
This was my first performance after having our daughter on November 2nd and I have to say I was not sure I was going to be able to memorize and physically get back into vocal shape to make it happen. Somehow, with my husband’s encouragement and God’s strength, I learned my music and I was able to go to several voice lessons. My voice lesson told me that I was in great vocal shape and the fact I kept on singing up until I had the baby and even after made it possible. How exciting and what a blessing! As a member of the Holland Chorale, I was happy to be able to participate in a great show with other friends.
How was my experience as I performed and what was different in this performance? I was VERY surprised that I was not nervous. We did not have a babysitter that night so Ryan and I alternated taking care of her in the church nursery. We both agreed, afterwards, that that was probably not the best because it might have made me unfocused. Whew, it was a little stressful but it all went well, thank God.
I was thrilled to say that I believe that by having natural, drug-free childbirth helped me find a renowned sense of confidence I did not have before. Let me just say that if you have a child, you can do ANYTHING! At least this is how I feel.
|Blackberry Baked Oatmeal|
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp flax seed with 6 Tbsp warm water (egg substitute)
- 1 cup So Delicious® Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats (can use gluten-free oats)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blackberries (may substitute with other sliced berries or fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray. Evenly scatter berries on the bottom on the dish.
- Next, add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until slightly golden brown.