Almondina sent me a variety of Almondina goodies that my whole family has been enjoying the past few weeks. These thin cookies are delicious, all-natural, have no cholesterol, and have no added salt or fat.
What makes this a fantastic product? Well, I found out that the owner of the company, Yuval Zaliouk, has not only been owner of this company for over 2 decades but he is also a world renown music conductor. The yummy cookie recipe was created by his grandmother that was kept a secret until she passed away and was handed down to the owner’s mother.
Almondina is based in Ohio and is now sold in all 50 States and several foreign countries. Distribution has expanded and is now readily available at stores such as Busch’s, Plum Market, Fresh Market, Nick Salvaggio, Trader Joes, Vince & Joe’s, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and many others. You can see our complete distribution store finder.
We enjoyed several different flavors over a game of Settlers of Catan. These cookies do not have to be dipped but are enjoyed with yummy almond or coconut milk.
The hubby is enjoying the Chocolate Cherry Cookie. My favorite! These cookies are only 30 calories per slice, kosher, and proudly made in America!
We then moved on to the Pumpkin Spice flavor and that won the whole table. It was perfectly spiced and delicious crunchy. The almond slices in each bite are satisfying.
If you want to continue reading more about the Almondina story it is heart-warming and amazing. Below are the flavors the company offer. The ones in bold are the ones I was sent to try and review.
Almondina® biscuits in the following flavors:
· Original – America ‘s all natural favorite with almonds and raisins
· Chocolate Cherry – We combined the world’s finest dark chocolate
with plump cherries to produce an irresistible, decadent treat without guilt.
· Choconut – Rich tasting crunchy chocolate, but low in calories
· Cinnaroma® – The original biscuit for cinnamon lovers
· Gingerspice – Trend setting, with chunks of Australian ginger
· AlmonDuo® – Double-nut wonder with almonds and pistachios
· AnniversaryT – Award winning delight with a touch of anise
· BranTreats® – Made with oat bran and the finest cinnamon “Cookies For Breakfast”
· Sesame – Irresistible, exotic, flavorful
– Seasonal Pumpkin Spice – A seasonal attraction with a delightful touch of fall spices combined with the highest quality almonds and pepitas(pumpkin seeds)
· Chocolate Dipped – the Original® dipped in the finest, pure, rich dark chocolate was
previously offered only certain times of the year is now available year round
Tonight I enjoyed the Gingerspice with some coffee and really enjoyed the flavor. These cookies are so addictive and I am so glad they are low-cal. If you are interested in buying the Seasonal Pumpkin Spice, here is where you can find them:
Buy them here by locating a store nearest you that carries them!!
Want to Win?
One person is going to win an Almondina Sampler pack!!
Enter using Rafflecopter. This is only open to US Readers.
Disclosure: I was sent product to sample and try out. All opinions are mine