One of the foods I enjoy eating at a brunch are scones. They are not typically everyone’s favorite baked good but I think they are so versatile and they go great with hot drinks. My husband thinks they taste too much like a dry cookie but I think it just depends how they are baked and how big they are and what add-ins are placed in the batter.
I have been on a chocolate kick lately and I do not know why but looking and creating recipes using chocolate is fun. I have heard any complaints in our home about too much chocolate so that is always a good sign. What about chocolate for breakfast? I think as long as a food item is not that sweet, I think it can pass for breakfast or brunch like the White Chocolate Drizzled Chocolate Scones.
- 2 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 2/3 cup Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, very cold and cut in cubes
- 1 cup Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Ghiradelli white melting wafers
How about that? Enjoy!