I have always wanted to own a Keurig because there are simply some days that I really do not have time to make myself a quick cup of coffee. My coffee gets cold as I get distracted with my kiddos at home. I am sure there are a lot of moms that feel this way.
When I received the Keurig Rivo Cappuccino & Latte System to review I knew this appliance would be my ultimate favorite. Even though I enjoy drip coffee all the time, I am really a cafe latte and Americano type of gal. I like the flavor of espresso with added hot water or warm milk but yet who has time for that? It also gets expensive stopping for those drinks at my local Starbucks so I knew the Rivo would be a perfect fit.
We have been testing this for close to a month and we like the convenience. I also find myself drinking less coffee than I need be. On occasion, I make myself a quick espresso in the afternoon along with a water chaser but it is just great!
Now what coffee did Keurig choose to produce such quick espresso? Lavazza, of course! Our family enjoys Lavazza quite often especially since they now have ground coffees available but they specifically use freshly sealed packs that come in 4 varieties:
- LavAzza Espresso Classico is a medium roast and full bodied blend with notes of tropical fruit. Sweet floral qualities with a lingering fruity finish
- LavAzza Espresso Decaf is also a medium roast Balanced flavor with gently sweet aromas of grape and dried fruit. A satisfying, smooth finish
- LavAzza Espresso Delicato is also a medium roast with a pleasant aroma with balanced acidity. Slightly sweet with notes of chocolate and a long lasting citrus finish. 100% sustainably grown coffee.
- LavAzza Espresso Intenso is a bold, full bodied blend with aromas of butter and caramel. Subtle hints of smoke with a pleasantly crisp finish.
When we received the Rivo it already came with a 12-count variety box so it is nice to have a few options before buying the Lavazza coffee of your choice. I liked the Intenso because I like anything bold. It was great as a shot or two of espresso too!
So what kinds of drinks can you make with the Keurig Rivo? You can make pretty much make any espresso-based drink. Here are a few more details:
- Consistently froths any type of fresh milk to make
hot or cold espresso based beverages
- At the touch of a button simplicity
- Three frothing modes: Cappuccino, Latte, and Cold Froth
- Two Espresso sizes – short (1.4oz.) or lungo (2.8oz.)
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleanup
The only thing we really did not think was true to nature was the Americano drinks. We would brew 1-2 of the Lavazza packs and put 6-8 ounces of hot water and it still would taste weak. It was strange. The espresso would taste intense for the lattes but just water would not cut it for us.
The frother was especially exciting. Even though I have a hand-held frother, the Rivo has a frother pitcher that froths the milk for cold or hot drinks. A major PLUS is that it froths almond and coconut milk PERFECTLY and frothy. Check out my latte below made with almond milk.
Add the amount of times you go out for specialty coffees at your local coffee and you will see this appliance as an investment. This one is a sure keeper!