I participated in the We Love Disney album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.
I recently had the pleasure to listen to the newest album released by Verve and Walt Disney Records called We Love Disney. There is no question that my kids are fans of Disney anything so when I played this album, I wondered how many of the songs they would recognize from the movies they have already seen.
As musicians, my husband and I love to teach our girls to recognize instruments, voices and even songs. It is amazing what both of our girls recognize at ages 2 1/2 and 4. The album features the hottest artists from across the pop, rock, R&B, and country worlds delivering their own unique interpretations of classic Disney songs. What a compilation because it includes artists I am familiar with but none that my girls would know. Here is a list of the songs and artists that the album includes:
- NE-YO “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin)
- Jessie J “Part of Your World “(The Little Mermaid)
- Jason Derulo “Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama” (The Lion King)
- Gwen Stefani “The Rainbow Connection” (The Muppet Movie)
- Ariana Grande “Zero To Hero” (Hercules)
- Jhené Aiko “In a World of My Own/Very Good Advice” (Alice in Wonderland)
- Fall Out Boy “I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)” (The Jungle Book)
- Tori Kelly “Colors of the Wind” (Pocahontas)
- Kacey Musgraves “A Spoonful of Sugar” (Mary Poppins)
- Charles Perry “Ev’rybody Wants To Be a Cat” (The Aristocats)
- Jessie Ware “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (Cinderella)
- Lucy Hale & Rascal Flatts “Let It Go” (Frozen)
- Various Artists “It’s a Small World”
- Bonus tracks on Deluxe CD, Vinyl, and Picture Disc:
- Brenna Whitaker “It’s Not Easy Being Green” (The Muppet Show)
- Yuna “A Whole New World” (Aladdin)
Here is a video of one of the songs:
I loved seeing my girls eyes light up as they heard The Little Mermaid and Aladdin songs. I could not get them to stop dancing and kept asking questions why the songs were being performed by other people and not their princesses. How funny. While I find myself humming these Disney songs ALL THE TIME, I know many people think that the songs are JUST for kids but in reality, if we grew up watching the same movies our kids are NOW watching, it would be a part of us now.
I loved having this compilation because I felt like it was and could be geared to teens and adults to enjoy listening to favorite songs they grew up with. My husband’s eyes glazed over just listening to Gwen Stefani perform “Rainbow Connection” from The Muppet Movie and I really enjoyed hearing Lucy Hale & Rascal Flatts sing their version of “Let It Go” from Frozen.
Not only is this great to listen to in the car but it is perfect for your fellow Disney lover for Christmas.
We Love Disney will also be available as a Collector’s Edition Box Set, which includes: