The First Years Disney Baby Feeding and Activity Seat is a good seat for babies at 6 months. It has distractions in the form of toys and even a place to place the baby’s sippy cup. Keeping baby distracted makes for less stress during meal times.
Disclosure: Thanks to The First Years for helping during meal times with the activity seat. I was happy to try two Blue Apron meals that were already prepped for me. All opinions, photos, and reviews are my own. There are some affiliate links in the post.
Meal times with little kids
Meal times are always stressful in my home. Breakfast time is the least stressful usually but dinner time is the worst! Even though everyone has had a nap before I start dinner, it never fails. Every girl wants something or a snack. I do not like having their meal spoiled by snacks before dinner so I usually offer a veggie or fruit so that they will not get too full before dinner.
Now that I have a THIRD toddler in my home, meal time is so heightened with noise. I know that my youngest needs food earlier than everyone else, but having an earlier meal time for everyone just does not fit for everyone. I know many moms prepare dinner in the mornings so that it can be ready in the evening but it simply has not the way I have been able to function, especially with a full-time job.
Blue Apron aiding through meal prep stress
Thanks to Blue Apron for a chance to try two meals that are already planned and prepped for me. Despite the recipe and instructions and every item unit based for the recipe, I still had a hard time.
Did I mention I have had a teething baby? Teething is from the devil, and brings havoc into daily life. No matter what anyone says, no real amount of medications, homeopathic or over-the-counter, can really alleviate a baby’s pain. Sometimes nothing is good and we have to embrace the chaos.
That was my week last week. It was painful and chaotic.
The First Years Disney Baby Feeding and Activity Seat
I was thankful for a high chair that had extra accessories to distract. The First Years Disney Baby Feeding and Activity Seat is colorful and a smaller chair than other chairs we have tried. Granted I am trying out this chair on a year old baby and not a 6-month old baby.
A few things about the activity chair:
- Great toys and options to add toys to activity chair
- extra storage space in the back for wipes and bibs
- three-point harness – extra safe
- feeding tray too small compared to others. Cup attachment takes up space, plus the toys, but even with removing them, the tray is smaller compared to others.
- Despite the adjustable height, the chair seemed small for my 12-month old. The chair is recommended for 6-month old and I believe it would have been ideal for her at that age.
- The toys and activities only kept my year old daughter’s attention for a little while.
- Despite adjusting seats legs to adjust to my daughter’s height, the seat seemed a bit small for her.
While I like the seat, I can say that perhaps the seat would have been better when she started her first foods. Either way, give it a try! It is available on Amazon.