I can’t believe that I have been blogging for 2 years now. I am actually late because my actual anniversary was last week but somehow the week went by and here is today.
I started the blog after being inspired by the movie Julie and Julia. Who else did not do that? I already knew I liked making different kinds of foods and creating recipes but the movie was just an encouragement to keep a log about my experiences.
After 2 months of blogging I then decided to lead a vegan lifestyle. Yes. How about turning completely meatless, dairy-free, and egg-free cold turkey? I started talking about how too much consumption of certain foods was affecting my health and weight and how I wanted to focus on eating more healthy like I had been years back.
In comes year 2 and I am back at eating as a non-vegan even though I continue making lots of recipes that are vegan. Since February 2011, I have been documenting how getting pregnant brought on food aversions and cravings even though I was not one to give in to my cravings.
I have learned that labels do not define who I am but having a healthy and disciplined life is more important. God has given me the strength to walk each day empowered by his strength to make the right decisions and STILL love my body whether through eating the right foods or though exercising.
I hope you have enjoyed this adventure and experience despite it being a little frustrating, it is a journal of my experiences and daily walk. Thank you to all who have been great supporters these last 2 years! I look forward sharing the next chapter as my little girl comes into this world and as I transition into my normal eating patterns.
As a thank you I want to do several giveaways. As you know I have been a great supporter of Turtle Mountain products. So Delicious coconut milk has been so great in my life through my baking, cooking and general consumption and I want to be able to have several enjoy tasting their products or even tasting a product you have yet to try.
There will be 2 winners who will each win the following:
- Two coupons for one FREE So Delicious Dairy Free Item and 2 coupons for 0.75 off cultured coconut milk
Another winner will receive:
- One coupon for one FREE So Delicious Dairy Free Item and 3 coupons for 0.75 off cultured coconut milk and $1.00 off Earth Balance coconut spread
Since I love cooking and cookbooks I also decided I would like to share some cookbooks with 2 lucky winners.
Another winner will receive a copy of The Voluptuous Vegan.
How about that? There will be 5 winners who will receive great gifts and all because of your support. Thank you for reading and I look forward to another year!
How to enter the giveaway:
- Mandatory entry: “What fall recipe are you looking forward making? If you have a link leave it for me! Thanks!”
Additional entries: (leave a comment for each)
- Follow Opera Singer in the Kitchen on Facebook
- Follow Opera Singer in the Kitchen on Twitter
- Become a follower on Google Friend Connect on the right hand column
- Share the giveaway on your blog
- Tweet this message: “Thank you for being supportive readers. Second Blogiversary is here and with some giveaways! Enter here: http://bit.ly/rpAaOm”