This recipe is featured in the So Much to love contest! Voting is open all of this week, and you can vote once a day, every day this week for it to get it to Top 1.
Please consider voting for my recipe, Cola de Mono (Spiked Coffee Cocktail) in this week’s So Delicious® Dairy Free SO Much to Love Giveaway!
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups So Delicious® Dairy Free Vanilla or Original Coconut Milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp orange rind, dried or 2 Tbsp freshly grated orange rind
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup espresso
- 1 cup brandy, rum or Pisco
- In a large pot, add the water, coconut milk, and the rest of the ingredients (except for the espresso) and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add the espresso and stir mixture.
- Cool completely at room temperature and add alcohol and then place in a clean bottle, seal tightly.
- Drink will be ready the next day.
- In a sealed container, the cocktail will last a month in the fridge.