WINNER ANNOUNCED: CONTEST CLOSEDDid I say chocolate? Yes, I did. If you look at my index you will notice many recipes using chocolate because I like it. I like a specific type of chocolate though. It has to be dark and pure even if it means it is 90% dark. Give it to me bitter!
Ryan gives me a hard time when I do not keep semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips because he prefers that kind but I find that I crave sweets or even chocolate less when I have it in its purer forms. In fact, I received some samples for dark chocolate back last month, tried half of them and did not taste the rest for a whole month! I just have not been craving or desiring sweets. Thank God! Hee hee hee.
What are those samples I am talking about? I am talking about a wonderful company called Nicobella. I first read about them online about their organic chocolate. I read the owner’s story and immediately knew that I would love her product. If you get some time, please read Nichole Dandrea’s story. The success of a company seems to be based on a passion and she certainly found it and went with it.
Her company specializes making organic dark chocolate vegan truffles and munch, which I plan on ordering soon! The truffles are void of cream and sugar and are subsituted using natural ingredients like brown rice syrup, agave nectar and fair trade products. I received a box of truffles with Nicobella’s signature 6 truffles.
- Blueberry Almond– There was a defined blueberry flavor that was pleasant and it blended well with the almond, especially with the crunch added as decoration.
- Ginger Green Tea– It was hard to taste the ginger because the green tea overpowered it but since I like match green tea it was a great combination with the dark chocolate.
- Pumpkin Chai– YUM! This was like a Chai drink and a chocolate pumpkin pie made into one candy. It was very delicious. I even saved that half for a later occasion. *wink*
- Pure Bliss Cocoa-The pure cocoa enhanced the dark chocolate flavor and made for a creamy chocolate moment. If you are a plain dark chocolate purist, this is for you.
- Walnut Flaxseed Crunch-There was definitely crunch but it was minimal, perfect in a truffle. I do not know what got in the way, whether it was the flax or the walnut but it might have been the flaxseed flavor.
- Sunflower Banana Butter-This was the most interesting flavor and probably not my favorite. It was a creamy buttery flavor because of the sunflower but it did not grab my senses to much. The flavor distracted me to much.
All in all I have to say that the Pumpkin Chai was my favorite. I look forward trying the munch soon. Nichole was generous to offer a box of truffles to one of my readers. If you are interested in trying these decadent treats please enter. Only open to US residents.
- Which truffle intrigues you the most?
Extra entries (Leave a comment for each)
2. Follow Nicobella on Facebook
3. Follow Nicobella on Twitter
4. Follow Opera Singer on Facebook
5. Subscribe to Opera Singer’s blog by email
6. Follow Opera Singer on Twitter
7. Tweet the following: Win a box of @vegantruffles from @singerinkitchen. Enjoy dark chocolate at its finest! http://bit.ly/eBl9b6
Giveaway will end on Sunday, March 6th, at midnight EST. A winner will be announced on March 7th. Good luck!