Disclosure: I am a Boxtera Lifestyle Blogger and receive monthly subscriptions to try. All opinions are my own.
This month I received a new box of delicious snacks from Boxtera to share with my family. We are on the go A LOT with play dates, outings and family activities that sometimes it is hard to pack a decent lunch with a variety of foods and snacks. I usually like varying the snacks packed with protein or with flavor and substance. It is very easy to pack snacks loaded with just carbohydrates.
Now if you do not remember from my March post about this monthly subscription box, you must check it out! When you sign up for a monthly snack subscription, you get a box like the one above filled with five 4-ounce to 8-ounce snack bags with new snacks monthly for $19.95.
There are also even better deals for larger families because for ten large snack bags you only pay $29.95 a month but there are also customized boxes too.
When you open the box, it introduces you to the monthly snacks included in your box with a description. Boxtera focuses on 5 flavor combinations that are bitter, savory, sweet, sour, and salty which makes for a true variety.
All snacks that are included in each box have:
- No trans fats
- No artificial colors
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial sweeteners
Here is what I got for the month of April:
- Chili Lime Churrito Mix: These snacks were savory for sure and crunchy. My toddler loved trying the peas and pretzels but some were still too crunchy for her. I liked these snacks for the flavor. Not spicy at all.
- Chasin’ Cheddar Sticks: These were my favorite. Sesame sticks always convince me especially cheddar-flavored. My toddler really enjoyed these and they travel really well.
- Wholly Wheat Raspberry Bars: I usually have a hard time saying no to a real good fig newton bar but even worse for a raspberry bar. I wish the bag had had a few more of these bars because they were consumed way faster than needed. Even though it was listed as the sweet selection these were not overly sweet.
- Fa Va Voom! Beans: The beans were my least favorite snack, but it think that comes with the fact that I only like fava beans in falafel and not on their own. I gifted my bag to a friend. They had a strange flavor and were too crunchy.
- Ridiculously Good Fruit Chips: My mother had a chance to try these chips. We both agreed that the tropical fruit and banana did not taste too bad but the honeydew melon was funky in flavor. These were interesting in flavor since I had not had any fruit chips other than banana chips in the past.
Want a chance to try your own monthly subscription? Enter the giveaway below and let me know what you find exciting from this subscription box. Good luck!